1. The administrators of this Tri-Line website are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
We collect your information to:-
1. provide our services to you
2. notify you of your service order status
3. carry out internal administration and analysis
We can also use that information to enhance your visit to our website by:-
1. telling you about new products, services, and other relevant details
2. tailoring your experience to your preferred choices
3. informing you of changes to our website
We will process your personal data for the purposes set out in clause 2 above. If however, you have any queries or requests in relation to Data Protection please notify our Data Protection Officer at 9-10 Telfords Yard, The Highway, LONDON E1W 2BS, England.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
However, we reserve the right to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies in order to comply with applicable laws including, but not limited to, disclosure in accordance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIP) Act 2000, to safeguard the operation of our systems.
At all times, we endeavour to ensure proper storage and careful disclosure of your information in order that nothing improper happens to it. These security measures mean that we may occasionally have to ask you for proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you. These measures extend to any other type of contact we may have with you, including by telephone, where the service against which we store your information, relates to that communications medium.
It is our policy not to provide information to third parties, apart from, of course, yourself, being the data subject. You have the right to ask for a copy of any information held by us about you in our records, in return for the payment of a small administration fee. You also have the right to correct any inaccuracies in the information, the process for which will take no longer than 7 (seven) working days to implement/correct.